It is important that you carefully read and understand the terms and conditions of this Agreement. By accessing and using our Products and Services or downloading the applications, you are providing your consent to abide by this Agreement. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions of the Agreement, you are not authorized to use these Products and Services and we ask that you cease any use of our Products and Services.
Please note that this Agreement contains disclaimers of warranties and limitations on liability that may be applicable to you.
- Intended User. This website contains information about Products and Services for use in the United States and is intended for a United States audience. If you live outside the U.S., you may see information on this website about Products and Services that are not approved or marketed in your country. You also acknowledge and understand that our Products and Services may not be used for any mission critical purposes that have uptime requirements. Geonote makes no representations whatsoever related to the availability or reliability of the Products and Services. Routine and unscheduled maintenance may limit the availability of the Products and Services and render them unavailable for undefined periods of time.
- Permitted Uses.
- License. Subject to full compliance with this Agreement, Geonote grants you a nonexclusive, nontransferable, non-sublicensable, terminable license to access and use our Products and Services for your personal use or internal business use only.
- Private Use. The services made available on, by or through our Products and Services, as well as any information provided on, by or through our Products and Services, including but not limited to data, text, graphics, designs, logos, images, audio/visual materials, links and references (collectively, the “Information”), are provided for use only by you for personal or internal business use only, and not for any resale, except as expressly permitted herein.
- Reproduction. Without the express written consent of Geonote, no Information or any other Geonote materials or property may be copied, reproduced, displayed, republished, downloaded, posted, digitized, translated, modified, transmitted, distributed or commercially exploited in any way, except as expressly permitted in this Agreement or as part of the functionality built in and authorized by our Products and Services.
- Unauthorized Use. You understand and agree that you may not authorize any Information to be reproduced, modified, displayed, performed, transferred, distributed or otherwise used by any third party, and you agree that you will take all reasonable steps to prevent any unauthorized reproduction and/or other use of the Information. You agree to advise Geonote promptly of any such unauthorized use of which you are aware. Failure to abide by these conditions will immediately terminate permission to use our Products and Services and may result in the infringement of the copyrights and/or trademarks and other proprietary rights of Geonote or others.
- User Content & Postings.
- Your Postings. As part of the Geonote community and use of our Products and Services, our users may choose to participate in reviews, ratings, and other feedback. You acknowledge and agree that any postings, messages, text, photos, audio/visual works, information, suggestions, feedback, reviews or content provided by you (collectively, “User Generated Content”) may be viewed by the general public and will not be treated as private, proprietary or confidential.
- License to User Generated Content. You authorize us and our affiliates, licensees and sublicensees, without compensation to you or others, to copy, adapt, create derivative works of, reproduce, incorporate, distribute, publicly display or otherwise use or exploit such User Generated Content throughout the world in any format for the duration of any copyright or other rights, if any, in such User Generated Content, and such permission shall be perpetual and may not be revoked for any reason. Geonote acknowledges and agrees that you, or your licensors as applicable, retain ownership of any and all copyrights in the User Generated Content, subject to the non-exclusive rights granted to Geonote in this section, and that no ownership of such copyrights is transferred to Geonote under these terms.
- Rights in User Generated Content. By posting or providing any User Generated Content on or through our Products and Services, you represent and warrant to Geonote that you own or have the right to use and permit us to use and license such User Generated Content in the manner stated in this Agreement.
- Permissions. You agree not to post or provide any User Generated Content that belongs to any person other than yourself or that contains the name, voice or likeness of any person other than yourself unless you first obtain permission to do so, and to grant to us the rights granted in this agreement, from that person.
- Modifications to User Generated Content. You further agree that we may use the posted or provided User Generated Content in any manner that we deem appropriate or necessary. We reserve the right to edit or abridge any User Generated Content for any reason, and to edit, refuse to post or remove any User Generated Content submitted by you or others. We cannot and do not guarantee that we will post all User Generated Content submitted or that such content will not be offensive, defamatory or objectionable. Although we reserve the right to remove without notice any User Generated Content for any reason, we have no obligation to delete User Generated Content that you personally may find objectionable or offensive. We do not control in real time the User Generated Content posted on our Products and Services and as such do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such User Generated Content. In addition to other disclaimers found in this Agreement, we do not endorse or make any warranties or representations with respect to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any User Generated Content posted on our Products and Services.
- IP Ownership.
- Geonote Copyright. Our Products and Services are owned and operated by Geonote and its licensors, and the Information (and any intellectual property and other rights relating thereto) is and will remain the property of Geonote. The Information is protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark, and other laws, and you acknowledge that these rights are valid and enforceable. Except as set forth in this Agreement, you may not copy, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, republish, upload, post, transmit, distribute, sub-license, sell, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any part of our Products and Services or any Service or Information without our prior written permission. Our Products and Services and Information may be used solely (a) to the extent permitted in this Agreement or (b) as expressly authorized in writing by Geonote. Use of our Products and Services or any Information for any other purpose is strictly prohibited. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by using our Products and Services or any Information.
- Geonote Trademarks. The trademarks and logos, including GeoNote™ and Geonote™ displayed on our Products and Services (collectively, the “Trademarks”) are the registered and unregistered trademarks of Geonote. Nothing contained in this Agreement or our Products and Services should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark(s) without the express written permission of Geonote, except as set forth in this section. You acknowledge and agree that all rights in and to the Geonote trademarks are our exclusive property, and any goodwill generated by your use of any Geonote trademark will inure to our exclusive benefit. You will not take any action that is in conflict with our rights in or ownership of any Geonote trademark.
- DMCA Notices.
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any User Generated Content or
other content on the site infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant
to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing our Copyright Agent with the
following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- No Use by Children. You hereby affirm that you are over the age of 12, as these Products and Services is not intended for children under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then you may not use our Products and Services. You further affirm that you are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in this Agreement, and to abide by and comply with this Agreement.
- Term & Termination. This Agreement is effective from the date that you first access our Products and Services and shall remain effective until terminated in accordance with its terms. Geonote may immediately terminate this Agreement, and/or your access to and use of our Products and Services, or any portion thereof, at any time and for any reason, with or without cause, without prior notice. You understand that Geonote may exercise this right in its sole discretion, and this right shall be in addition to and not in substitution for any other rights and remedies available to Geonote. This Agreement will also terminate automatically if you fail to comply with any term or provision of this Agreement. Upon termination of this Agreement by either party, your right to use our Products and Services shall immediately cease, and you shall destroy all copies of information that you have obtained from our Products and Services, whether made under the terms of this Agreement or otherwise. All disclaimers and all limitations of liability and all Geonote rights of ownership shall survive any termination.
- Billing. You may purchase a Paid Subscription directly from GeoNote or through a third party either by (1) paying a subscription fee in advance on a monthly basis or some other recurring interval disclosed to you prior to your purchase; or (2) pre-payment giving you access to the GeoNote Service for a specific time period (“Pre-Paid Period”). GeoNote may change the price for the Paid Subscriptions, including recurring subscription fees, the Pre-Paid Period (for periods not yet paid), from time to time and will communicate any price changes to you in advance and, if applicable, how to accept those changes. Price changes will take effect at the start of the next subscription period following the date of the price change. Subject to applicable law, you accept the new price by continuing to use the GeoNote Service after the price change takes effect. If you do not agree with a price change, you have the right to reject the change by unsubscribing from the Paid Subscription prior to the price change going into effect. If a payment is not successfully settled, due to expiration, insufficient funds, or otherwise, and you do not cancel your account, we may suspend, modify or cancel, at our sole discretion, your account until we have successfully charged a valid Payment Method. For some Payment Methods, the issuer may charge you certain fees, such as foreign transaction fees or other fees relating to the processing of your Payment Method. Check with your Payment Method service provider for details.
- Renewal & Cancellation. Unless your Paid Subscription has been purchased for a Pre-Paid Period, your payment to GeoNote or the third party through which you purchased the Paid Subscription will automatically renew at the end of the applicable subscription period, unless you cancel your Paid Subscription before the end of the then-current subscription period in your account settings if you purchased the Paid Subscription through GeoNote, or if you purchased the Paid Subscription through a third party, by canceling the Paid Subscription through such third party. The cancellation will take effect the day after the last day of the current subscription period, and you will be downgraded to the Free Service. We do not provide refunds or credits for any partial subscription periods. If you have purchased your Paid Subscription through a third party, you must cancel directly with that third party.
- Disclaimers. OUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ANY WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE FROM COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE, AND ANY WARRANTIES THAT THE INFORMATION AND PRODUCTS AND SERVICES IS CURRENT AND/OR UP-TO-DATE ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. THERE IS NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE THAT OUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES, OR YOUR USE OF OUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES, WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, COMPLETE, ACCURATE, CURRENT, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, SECURE, OR THAT ANY PROBLEMS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT OUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES, OR ANY INFORMATION, SOFTWARE OR OTHER MATERIAL ACCESSIBLE FROM OUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES, IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WE DO NOT WARRANT, GUARANTEE, OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION REGARDING THE USE OF, OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF OUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES EITHER IN TERMS OF ITS COMPATIBILITY WITH HARDWARE OR OTHER SOFTWARE OR EQUIPMENT, AND YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF OUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES AND/OR SERVICES AND INFORMATION AND YOUR RELIANCE THEREON.
- Limitation of Liability. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY OF ANY KIND, NEITHER GEONOTE NOR ANY OF ITS AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, OR ASSIGNS, NOR GEONOTE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES, ARE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS, OR LOSS OF DATA) OR LIABILITIES UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHER THEORY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY MANNER TO OUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES, INFORMATION, SERVICES AND/OR ANY LINKED PRODUCTS AND SERVICES, WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LIABILITIES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO ANY CLAIMS RELATED TO THESE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES, THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, OR ANY LINKED PRODUCTS AND SERVICES IS TO STOP USING OUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES, SERVICE, OR LINKED WEBSITE, AS APPLICABLE AND A FULL REFUND OF THE FEES PAID FOR THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES. NEITHER GEONOTE NOR ANY OF ITS AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, OR ASSIGNS, NOR GEONOTE’S DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES WILL HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES, EXPENSES OR OTHER LIABILITY INCURRED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF ANY INACCURACY, INCOMPLETENESS OR MISREPRESENTATION OF ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT, POSTINGS.
- Indemnification. You agree to fully indemnify, defend, and hold Geonote, agents, successors, and assigns and Geonote’s directors, officers, employees, consultants, and other representatives, harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees), and other expenses that arise directly or indirectly out of or from: (a) your breach of this Agreement; (b) any allegation that any materials you submit to us or transmit to our Products and Services infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party; (c) your activities in connection with our Products and Services or other websites to which our Products and Services is linked; and/or (d) your negligence or willful misconduct.
- Other Jurisdictions. Geonote makes no representation that our Products and Services operates (or is legally permitted to operate) in all geographic areas, or that our Products and Services or Information are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Accessing our Products and Services from territories where our Products and Services or any content or functionality of our Products and Services or portion thereof is illegal is expressly prohibited. If you choose to access our Products and Services, you agree and acknowledge that you do so on your own initiative and at your own risk, and that you are solely responsible for compliance with all applicable laws.
- Notice. By use of our Products and Services, you consent to receive electronic
communications from Geonote. You also agree that any such communications satisfy any legal
requirement to make such communications in writing under this Agreement or under any applicable
laws or regulations. Specifically, we may provide notice to you by sending an email to the
address that you provided as part of your registration for our Products and Services. Any notice
to Geonote will be provided by both (a) sending an email to email@example.com; and (b)
providing a copy by certified mail, return receipt requested to:
GeoNote 14215 Chadbourne Dr Houston, Texas 77079
- No Waiver. No delay or omission by either party in exercising any rights under this Agreement will operate as a waiver of that or any other right. A waiver or consent given by either party on any one occasion is effective only in that instance and will not be construed as a bar to or waiver of any right on any other occasion.
- Assignment. Neither this Agreement nor any right, obligation, or remedy hereunder is assignable, transferable, delegatable, or sublicensable by you except with Geonote’s prior written consent, and any attempted assignment, transfer, delegation, or sublicense shall be null and void. Geonote may assign, transfer, or delegate this Agreement or any right or obligation or remedy hereunder in its sole discretion.
- Mediation and Arbitration. Any controversy between the Parties to this Agreement involving the construction or application of any of the terms, provisions, or conditions of this Agreement, shall on written request of either party served on the other, be submitted first to mediation and then if still unresolved to binding arbitration. Said mediation or binding arbitration shall comply with and be governed by the provisions of the American Arbitration Association for Commercial Disputes unless the Parties stipulate otherwise. The attorneys’ fees and costs of arbitration shall be borne by the losing party unless the Parties stipulate otherwise, or in such proportions, as the arbitrator shall decide.
- Governing Law & Venue. This Agreement shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the United States of America and by the laws of the State of Texas. The courts of Houston, Texas shall be the exclusive forum for any mediation, arbitration, litigation or dispute resolution.
- Enforceability. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.