Please note that this Policy contains disclaimers of warranties and limitations on liability that may be applicable to you.
- Investigations . Geonote may investigate and disclose information from or about you, as permitted by applicable law, if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure is (a) reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (b) helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site; or (c) helpful to protect our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, subsidiaries, or the public.
- Business Transfers . If Geonote is acquired by or merged with another entity, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, Geonote may transfer the information we have collected about you to the other company.
- Registration . Access to certain functionalities of our Products and Services will require you to register with and/or provide certain information to Geonote . We reserve the right to decline to provide access to our Products and Services or Information to any person for any or no reason. If and when you register with or provide information to Geonote , you agree to (a) provide accurate, current and complete information about yourself, or your business or service as part of a Provider account, as prompted (including your email address) and (b) maintain and update your information (including your email address) to keep it accurate, current and complete. You acknowledge that, if any information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we reserve the right to terminate this Agreement and your use of our Products and Services, Provider account, and/or Information. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password or other account information not generally available to others and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your username and password. Conversely, access to certain functionalities of our Products and Services do not require registration and may be provided by simply providing a link to certain information to Geonote. For example the Synergetic Library in Geonote allows for a library file link that can be shared externally and doesn’t require an account for access or any other authorization.
- Account Termination and Data Retention . You can close your Geonote account at any time by going to account settings. When you close your account, you will cease to provide ongoing or future data to Products and Services. Your private contact details, such as your full name, email, & password will not be maintained. However, your data collected about your location, activity, and usage may be maintained and kept in an anonymized and deidentified format to improve the Products and Services functionality. Unless prohibited by applicable law, public postings or comments you provided to the forum associated with your public profile prior to closing your account, will remain public. We may retain information about you for the purposes authorized under this Policy unless prohibited by law.
- Security . Geonote follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. All data is transmitted over secure communication lines using HTTPS over VPN for communication between your devices and Geonote servers.
- Data Storage . Any information you provide through our Products and Services may be transferred over secure communication lines using HTTPS to, stored in, or processed in the United States .
- External Sharing . You have certain choices about how to control your data, including what to make externally available. For example the Synergetic Library in Geonote allows sharingfor a library file via link that can be shared externally and doesn’t require an account for access or any other authorization. You have the ability to revoke the access granted to a Synergetic Library in Geonote through the library file settings on your Geonote account. These choices are described throughout our Products and Services in the relevant sections.
- No Use by Children . You hereby affirm that you are over the age of 12, as these Products and Services are not intended for children under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then you may not use our Products and Services. You further affirm that you are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in this Agreement, and to abide by and comply with this Policy.
. By use of our Products and Services, you consent to receive electronic communications
from Geonote . You also agree that any such communications satisfy any legal requirement
to make such communications in writing under this Policy or under any applicable laws or
regulations. Specifically, we may provide notice to you by sending an email to the address
that you provided as part of your registration for our Products and Services. Any notice to
Geonote will be provided by both (a) sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
and (b) providing a copy by certified mail, return receipt requested to:
GeoNote 14215 Chadbourne Dr Houston, Texas 77079
- Governing Law & Venue . This Policy shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the United States of America and by the laws of the State of Texas. The courts of Houston, Texas shall be the exclusive forum for any mediation, arbitration, litigation or dispute resolution.
- Enforceability . If any provision of this Policy is found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Policy and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.